Ireland’s Largest Co-living Development – South Dublin
Bartra Capital Property recently submitted a planning application which will see the development of more than 200 co-living homes in Dún Laoghaire, South Dublin. The co-living model provides en-suite bedrooms with shared, communal living areas and is similar to student accommodation but aimed at young, working professionals.
The Dún Laoghaire site has existing planning permission for 59 apartments. The new, co-living proposal will have 208 bedrooms. Each en-suite bedroom will be 16.5 sq m in size and includes a pull-down bed and kitchenette. The communal living also provides an alternative to the office for some tenants. Leases on the units will be from two to 12 months.
The project, we which recently featured on RTE News and radio, has spiked major interest as the building will be the largest co-living space in the country if approved.
An Bord Pleanála is expected to decide on the Dún Laoghaire site later this year.
We worked closely with HKR Architects to build accurate, photo-realistic CGIs, verified view montages and BRE daylight analysis which will play a major role in the planning process of this application.
What’s this project all about?
Project Name: Proposed co-living development on Eblana Avenue, Dún Laoghaire
0.2768 ha site at The Old School House, Eblana Avenue, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Permission for a strategic housing development consisting of the demolition of old site
Permission for a strategic housing development consisting of the demolition all existing buildings on site (2,629 sqm) including a section of the northern boundary wall located to the western side of the site and the construction of a part-four to part-six storey over part basement/ part lower ground floor.
- Build-to-Rent shared living residential development comprising 208 No. single occupancy bed spaces (including 4 No. accessible rooms) with circulation core (6,501 sqm)
- A kiosk fronting Eblana Avenue for the sale of food and beverages to the public (16.7 sqm) with associated external seating area.
- The development also consists of the provision of communal kitchen/dining/living and library spaces at each floor level to serve the residents of each floor.
- Communal resident amenity space for all residents at lower ground and ground floor levels including the provision of a lounge/games room, multi-purpose/dining space, gymnasium/fitness space and TV/cinema room.
- A roof garden at fifth floor level (348.8 sqm) facing north, east and west.
- Landscaped amenity areas at lower ground/ ground floor level (206.7 sqm); resident facilities including launderette, linen room and concierge/administration management suite.
- Bicycle parking spaces; car parking incorporating 4 No. visitor car parking spaces, 1 No. disabled car parking space, 1 No. car share parking space and a short-term set down area.
- Bin storage; boundary treatments; green roofs; hard and soft landscaping; provision of a pedestrian link between Eblana Avenue and Croften Square.
- Storage areas; plant; photovoltaic panels at roof level; switch room; substation; lighting; and all other associated site works and service connections above and below ground.
Client: Barta Capital Property – Bartra Capital Property Group is an investment management vehicle founded by successful property developer and entrepreneur Richard Barrett .Bartra is delivering high quality property solutions across all sectors of the property market including private residential, social housing, commercial real estate, nursing homes and renewable energy.
Architects: HKR Architects – “We are a leading international architecture and urban design practice based in London, Dublin and Dubai. We deliver outstanding buildings and places with an experienced team working on projects across the UK, Ireland, Europe and the Middle East. We bring exceptional value and design leadership to our clients.”
CGI Consultants – 3D Design Bureau: are specialists in Architectural Visualisation, BIM and VR – Delivering Quality Design Planning and Marketing Solutions. For this project, the team3DDB created a series of Verified View Montages and CGIs all of which were used to secure planning.
If you have a project requiring Verified View Montages, CGIs or any of our deliverables, please get in touch. You can contact us by phone or email and talk to us about your requirements and the solutions best suited to your project. +35312880186 firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out the rest of work online.