The Coombe to Receive New 22M ‘ Sheraton Hotel ’
Enabling works are underway to allow for the construction of a new hotel development near the Dean Street/Coombe Junction. These works are due to take 4 months, following which full scale construction activity will take place. Dublin 8 in general is one of those areas currently ripe for regeneration. Not only will the planned DIT move from various premises in the area to the Grangegorman site, free up a lot of properties for re-development but also many residential bubbles in the district are in desperate need of a face-lift. The location itself is optimal with it only 7 minutes’ walk from Stephen’s Green and even less to Temple Bar. Tons of potential at the developer’s fingertips. Team3DDB worked on this new hotel scheme completing a series of verified view montages which were used to secure planning for the site. The four-star hotel is expected to employ up to 200 full time staff in the city and will operate under a franchise license and open as part of Sheraton Hotel group.
Let’s take a closer look at this project:
Project Name: Proposed Hotel Development
Project Location: 118-128, The Coombe, Dublin 8
Planning reference: 4337/16
Project Details: The development will consist of:
– The demolition of existing ancillary derelict structures (220 sq.m), the provision of a new hotel building consisting of basement (2,012 sq.m) ground floor (2,054 sq.m) with five floors of bedrooms above the ground floor (with 3 metre set back on the fifth bedroom floor).
– The proposed hotel will comprise 234 no. bedrooms and related uses including café/ bar/ restaurant (413 sq.m) and meeting/ conference facilities (397 sq.m) with a gross floor area of 10,779 sq.m over basement.
– The parapet height of the proposed development is 17.75 m.
The development will also include:
- the provision of a new vehicular access to the site from The Coombe.
- 23 no. ancillary car parking spaces;
- bicycle parking;
- ancillary circulation,
- staff and administration areas;
- plant; all hard and soft landscaping; boundary treatments;
- retention and repair of the existing chimney breast remnant on the eastern boundary of the site adjoining Fallon’s public house (a Protected Structure);
- attenuation measures including holding tank; waste storage areas; piped infrastructure and ducting; signage; changes in level and all associated site development and site excavation works above and below ground.
Architect: MOLA – MOLA Architecture provides a diverse range of architectural services ranging from Urban Design, Masterplanning, Education, Health Care, Hospitality, Civic, Cultural, Residential, Interiors, Infrastructural and Mixed-Use Developments.
Planning Consultant: Tom Phillips & Associates – Tom Philips & Associates – The Practice of Tom Phillips + Associates (TPA) is a Dublin-based company specialising in spatial planning, development and geospatial analysis operating throughout Ireland since 2002. The Practice has evolved into the largest Town Planning Consultancy in Ireland, undertaking a wide variety of commissions for public sector and private sector clients.
Landscape Consultant: AIT Urbanism & Landscape – Áit Urbanism and Landscape is a multi-disciplinary practice based in Dublin. They provide urban design, landscape architecture services and consultancy services to the private and public sectors.
Client: Hudson Bay Group – Established in 1992, Hodson Bay Group is an Irish family owned business with 25 years of expertise in Property Development & Property Management company.
CGI Consultants: 3D Design Bureau are specialists in Architectural Visualisation, BIM and VR – Delivering Quality Design Planning and Marketing Solutions. For this project, the team created a series of Verified View Montages & Photomontages, all of which were used to secure planning.
If you have a project requiring photomontages or verified view montages, please get in touch. You can contact us by phone or email and talk to us about your requirements and the solutions best suited to your project. +35312880186 email@example.com.