Prestigious Aldborough House To Receive Multi Million €uro Facelift
Aldborough House is the last of the urban mansions, constructed in Dublin during the 18th century. It was built by the Second Earl of Aldborough and completed in 1798. Throughout most of the 19th century, the mansion was dominantly used as a private school and later as a military barracks. Subsequently, the house was sold to the State in the 1890’s and served as a telecommunications and postal service hub for over a century. Following over 100 years of State ownership, it was sold by Telecom Eireann at the end of the twentieth century. Not only will the actual site of Aldborough house see a massive transformation but the adjacent ground is also being redeveloped to include office spaces. The two new office wings will be connected to the main house by glazed links with the historic mansion being the central focus, main entrance and prestigious anchor for the development. #Team3DDB created a series of Verified View Montages and a CGI which were used to secure planning.
Let’s take a closer look at the details of this project:
Project Name: Proposed Office Development Aldborough House
Project Location: Aldborough House, Portland Row, Dublin 1
Planning Reference: 3457/17
Project Details: Planning permission for conservation and restoration works and new development.
The development will consist of:
- An office development of total gross floor area 14720 sq.m. on a site of 0.4840 ha, bounded by Portland Row Killarney Street, Empress Place and Killarney Court.
- The demolition of ancillary structures (435 sq.m), including former theatre, security hut and boundary wall to public road;
- Taking down, removal and storage of existing 19th century guard house (74 sq.m) to enable its future re-erection elsewhere;
- Conservation and restoration of exterior and interior for use as main entrance and offices of eighteenth-century, three storey over lower ground floor.
Aldborough House is a protected structure (2005 sq.m), and in addition:
— (a) Formation of a new mezzanine office floor in the house (135sq.m).
— (b) Conservation and restoration of existing south pavilion screen, at lower and upper ground levels, as office accommodation (165 sq.m).
— (c) Construction of a new north pavilion screen to match existing south pavilion screen, at lower and upper ground levels, as office accommodation (165 sq.m).
- Two new office wings, five storeys over two level basement, with screened plant area on roof, to south and north flanks of Aldborough House, also accommodating stair and lift cores to serve the new and existing development, with glazed links to the existing house.
- Wing & A & 6590 sq.m of which 4809 sq.m above ground.
- Wing & B & 3434 sq.m of which 2391 sq.m above ground.
- Lower ground floor level link to rear of existing house, containing canteen, kitchen and office space (727 sq.m).
- Basement link on two levels to rear of existing house (239 sq.m), and two levels of office (1260 sq.m) under forecourt to front of house.
- Remodelling and landscaping of the forecourt to Aldborough House, with basement areas, light wells, steps, terrace and new paving.
- Set back front boundary with street trees, reinstated and new railings, stone piers and gateway.
- Landscaped non-accessible green roof to rear of house at upper ground level (568 sq.m).
- Landscaped accessible areas to side of house at upper ground level (186 sq.m).
- Parking for 36 cars and 156 bicycles at lower basement level.
- Vehicle lifts to serve parking areas, with entrance from Killarney Street and exit via Empress Place.
- Plant rooms and other ancillary areas, including waste storage, to basement levels and screened plant enclosure to roofs.
- All enabling and development works and ancillary development, including landscaping, elevational treatments, lighting, signage and associated site excavation, infrastructural and site development works above and below ground including changes in level, boundary treatments and services.
Architect: Howley Hayes Architects is a Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland Grade 1 accredited conservation practice, with extensive experience in the care, repair, alteration and reuse of historic buildings and places.
Planning Consultant: Doyle Kent Planning Partnership Limited – From Planning Consultancy, to Strategic Infrastructure Development, to Architecture and Feasibility Reports, DK Planning & Architecture offers a consultancy service for planning related issues.
Quantity Surveyor: Austin Reddy & Company – Established in 1948 and with over 60 years of professional practice, Austin Reddy & Company has repeatedly proven its ability to deliver an effective cost and procurement service for construction projects and clients of the construction industry.
Landscape Consultant: AIT Urbanism & Landscape – offer urban design and landscape architecture services. They are experts in public realm, community participation and Green Infrastructure.
Transport Consultant: Casey O’Rourke Associates was formed in 2005 to provide a high quality Structural Engineering Design Service to both Architects and Clients. The aim was to work creativity with Architects and other Professionals to solve engineering challenges in an innovative and economical way.
CGI Consultants: 3D Design Bureau – are specialists in Architectural Visualisation, BIM and VR – Delivering Quality Design Planning and Marketing Solutions. For this project, the team created a series of Verified View Montages and CGI’s all of which were used in the planning process.
If you have a project requiring Verified View Montage’s or CGI’s, please get in touch. You can contact us by phone or email and talk to us about your requirements and the solutions best suited to your project. +35312880186 firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out the rest of work online.