Dublin City to Receive More Student Accommodation
Tetrarch Capital has successfully received planning by Dublin City Council for a scheme on Mark Street, off Pearse Street, Dublin 2. The application will lead to the building of a 159 unit aparthotel development aimed at servicing the much needed student accommodation sector. Team3DDB were tasked with working closely with the project architects in producing a large number of Verified View Montages and CGIs of the proposed scheme. Tetrarch plans to invest €25m in this development which is targeted for completion by the end of 2018. It is also planned that the proposed aparthotel will be leased on a long term basis to serviced apartment specialists Staycity, one of Europe’s leading aparthotel operators.
Let’s take a closer look at this project:
- Project Name: Proposed Apart Hotel Pearse Street / Mark Street Dublin
- Planning Reference: 3214/16
- Project Details: Development of an aparthotel on a site of c.0.1787 hectares. The proposed development will consist of the demolition of existing part single/ part 2-storey commercial buildings (1,400.2 sq.m gross floor area) and the development of a part 5 (with fourth floor level setbacks) and part 7 storey (with fifth and sixth floor level setbacks) over basement aparthotel comprising 159 no. studios/ suites resulting in 184 no. bedrooms and related aparthotel facilities including reception area, coffee and seating area, exercise room, guest laundry room, storage, administration and staff facilities, plant (including substation with associated switch room), waste storage area and delivery and dispatch area, with a total gross floor area of 6,619.13 sq.m (including basement of 470.8 sq.m). The development includes works to protect and conserve the existing railway arches with the areas under these integrated into the overall proposal, which includes for a change of use of these areas from car rental commercial use to aparthotel use (213.43 sq.m).
The development will also include: vehicular and pedestrian access via Shaw Street and pedestrian access via Mark Street; 2 no. car parking spaces; cycle parking; associated lighting; associated site servicing (foul and surface water drainage and water supply); solar panels; the provision of SUDs measures, including attenuation tank and sedum roofs; garden and courtyards. The scheme also includes: all hard and soft landscaping; boundary treatments; changes in level; and all other associated site excavation and site development works above and below ground.
- Architects: DTA Architects – DTA Architects, founded in 2005, are Derek Tynan and Niall Rowan. The practice evolved from Derek Tynan Architects [1991-2005]. The firm is distinguished by a commitment to quality, typological innovation and design excellence, and a proven ability to deliver complex building programmes in challenging contexts, as recognised in numerous awards.
- Planning Consultants: Tom Phillips + Associates – TPA is a Dublin-based company specialising in spatial planning and development, operating throughout Ireland since 2002. The Practice has evolved into the largest Town Planning Consultancy in Ireland, undertaking a wide variety of commissions for public sector and private sector clients.
- Developers: Tetrarch Capital is an Irish owned, Dublin based real estate investment and development platform. The firm was formed in early 2011 and has been one of the most active participants in the Irish real estate market since its incorporation.
- CGI Consultants: 3D Design Bureau are specialists in Architectural Visualisation, BIM and VR. We deliver superior 3D solutions throughout all stages of a project from design & feasibility to planning and through to marketing. For this project, the team created a series of CGIs and VVMs, all of which are being used in the planning process.
Congratulations to all concerned and we look forward to witnessing the progress of the development.
If you have a project requiring photorealistic CGIs, verified view montages or any of our 3D deliverables, please get in touch. You can contact us by phone or email and talk to us about your requirements and the solutions best suited to your project. +email@example.com.