€75M Facelift for Dublin’s Iconic Old Central Bank
A decision to grant planning permission was issued by Dublin City Council for the refurbishment of one of Dublin’s Iconic buildings – the Central Bank on Dame Street. US property giant Hines and its Hong Kong partner Peterson under the guise of Dame Plaza Property Trading Co received the positive news on the 8th August 2017. The transformation is estimated to cost in the region of €75m with an estimated completion date of Christmas 2018. #Team3DDB worked extensively on this project producing multiple high-quality Architectural Montages, CGI’s and Verified View Montages for the purposes of achieving planning for the re-furbishment.
Let’s look at further details of this project: – check out other related property schemes in the pipeline
Project Name: Proposed Design to the old Central Bank Dublin
Project Location: Dame Street, Dublin 2
Planning Reference: 3154/17
Project Details: The development consists of works to both the Annex Building and the Commercial Buildings as follows:
- Annex Building:
- The change of use of the Annex building from a canteen use associated with the office use in the building formerly known as the Central Bank Buildings to 2 no. restaurant/cafe units of 12.2 sqm and 478 sqm
- Demolition of elements of the building to its southern end and facade to facilitate a setting back of a new glazed facade, replacement of existing glazing to first floor and existing roof lights, and an extension of the unit onto Cope St and a new entrance core of 5 storeys to serve both the Annex and Commercial Buildings
- Upgrade of the public realm and landscaping of the existing walkway between the plaza and cope St. The laneway will be widened as part of the proposals and will include outdoor seating associated with the proposed restaurant/cafe use.
- Reconfiguration and minor extension (26sqm) of the existing basement into the adjoining basement to incorporate plant areas, upgraded kitchen associated with the proposed restaurant/cafe units, cycle parking and staff welfare facilities to serve the commercial buildings.
- Commercial Buildings:
- The change of use of basement -1, ground floor, first floor from commercial office to a retail unit of 924 sqm. This includes for an increase of 76 sqm to the existing first floor.
- The second and third floors will be refurbished as commercial office and it is proposed to replace the existing plant floor, at fourth floor level, with a commercial office floor of 336 sqm, including new glazed facade at this level. The commercial office will be accessed from the new core, which rises to fourth floor level, to the north provided as part of the Annex Building.
- Replacement of all existing windows with clear glazing, the dropping of existing window sills on the ground floor windows to ground level and replacement of the brick clad section of the southern facade, onto Dame Street, with new glazing. Permission is also sought for hard and soft landscaping, boundary treatments, signage and all ancillary site and development works.
- Henry J Lyons – is an Irish architectural practice based in Dublin City Centre. They have a team of over 160 architects, designers and support staff who work on building projects throughout Ireland, the UK and the EMEA Region.
- Tom Gray is associate director of T/E/S/S atelier d’ingénierie, which he co-founded in 2007 and is based in Paris, France.
Civil Engineers: DBFL Consulting Engineers is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and transportation engineering consultancies. Their experience includes mixed use and retail, leisure, commercial and residential work; traffic, transportation and roads projects; educational, industrial, institutional and water services and public / private partnerships.
Planning Consultants: Brady Shipman Martin – Brady Shipman Martin was established in 1968 and is one of Ireland’s largest and most reputable planning, landscape and environment specialists, with four partners, a diverse team of professionals, and offices in Ireland and the UK.
CGI Consultants: 3D Design Bureau – 3D Design Bureau are specialists in Architectural Visualisation, BIM and VR – Delivering Quality Design Planning and Marketing Solutions. For this project, the team created a series of CGI’s and VVM’s, all of which are being used in the planning process.
Project Management: VirtusPM – Virtus Project Management is one of Ireland’s leading Project Management and Quantity Surveying companies. Their client base ranges from development companies, international property funds and major FDI and indigenous Irish companies.
- Hines – Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment, development and management firm founded in 1957. Hines has 114 developments currently underway around the world, and historically, has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,205 properties, totalling over 390 million square feet.
- Peterson – The family-owned Peterson Group, set up in 1959 by Yeung Pui Kam in Hong Kong to trade embroidered fabrics, has assets of more than $1.1 billion.
Main Contractor: John Paul Construction – are leading international specialists in construction, infrastructure, fit-out and asset management.
Landscape Architect: Cameo & Partners – With over twenty years experience Cameo & Partners are dedicated to improving everyday lives through Urban Design and Landscape Architecture. They have offices in Brussels and London working in tandem to create their creative landscaping solutions.
The developers hope to have it finished in time for Christmas 2018, tying the redevelopment in with the pedestrianisation of nearby College Green, which is due to be completed around the same time.
If you have a project requiring high quality CGI’s or Verified View Montages, please get in touch. You can contact us by phone or email and talk to us about your requirements and the solutions best suited to your project. +35312880186 firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our verified view montage work online.
If you’d like to see further examples of our work, go visit our portfolio.