€11.7M Student Scheme set for Dominick Street
It was with great pleasure to hear that a proposed student accommodation scheme on Dominick Street was granted planning permission last month. Ziggurat, a giant in the student accommodation landscape is the driving force behind this €11,7 million development which will see an additional 247 spaces added to the student market in the coming time. #Team3DDB produced a series of architectural montages, verified view montages and CGI’s for this project, all of which were used to secure successful planning. This scheme is one of two student developments on Dominick street which were submitted for planning by Ziggurat in the last 12 months. 3D Design Bureau was involved in the creation of visuals for both.
Let’s take a closer look at this scheme:
Project Name: Proposed Student Residence Dominik Street
Project Location: 58-64 Dominick Street Upper, Dublin
Planning reference: 2080/17
- The proposed development comprises of the demolition of the existing vacant commercial building on part of the site and the construction of a 6 storey over lower ground floor/basement level student accommodation development (247 no. bed spaces in 50 no. clusters, including 16 no. studios), including setback at fifth storey from Dominick Street Upper (north elevation) and to the west elevation.
- The proposed development is for student accommodation or accommodation related to a higher Education Institute only during the academic year and student accommodation or accommodation related to a Higher Education Institute or tourist/visitor accommodation only during academic holiday periods.
- It will include an outdoor amenity area to the rear (south) of the proposed development with access from basement level and balconies located on the south elevation and on the east elevation of the western wing from first to fourth floor on the southern elevation from first to fifth floor and balcony facing the rear courtyard from first to fifth floor.
- A rooftop terrace is proposed on the eastern wing. The proposed development also provides for 1 no. cafe (83 sqm gross) at ground floor level, and ancillary services for the student accommodation including reception/foyer, games room, social room, and quiet room all at ground level with laundry room, bin store area, music room, storage, plant room and 124 no. bicycle spaces provided at lower ground/basement level. Access to the development is to be via controlled pedestrian accesses on Dominick Street Upper and Henrietta Lane.
- Cycle access will be via a proposed cycle ramp along the private laneway to the west of the application site. Vehicular access will be from Dominick Street Upper. Permission is also sought for all ancillary engineering and site development works necessary to facilitate the development. The total gross floorspace of the proposed development is 8,006 sqm.
Client/Developer: Zigguarat – Ziggurat are an UK-based developer. They have been hugely active in Ireland in the past couple of years and have been involved in some massive student accommodation schemes around the country. Ziggurat recently redeveloped and sold the former Montrose Hotel, opposite the UCD main campus.
Architect: Reddy Architecture and Urbanism – Reddy Architects – Reddy Architecture + Urbanism is a firm of architects and design professionals providing a comprehensive range of design services from their offices in the UK and Ireland and associated offices in Poland.
Planning Consultant: John Spain & Associates – John Spain was established in 1996 by John Spain. They provide a wide range of professional services throughout Ireland in the areas of planning, development and environment. Their portfolio includes: GOOGLE Dublin (Docks), Findlater House, O’Connell St., Montrose Hotel and Burlington House.
Quantity Surveyor: Cogent Associates – Cogent Associates are an independent project and cost management consultancy, providing a comprehensive range of specialist property related services, across all sectors, spanning the entire life-cycle of construction projects.
Consulting Engineer: CS Consulting Group – CS Consulting Group are Civil and Structural Engineering Consultants, established in January 2012, with offices based in Dublin, Limerick and London. The group have a have a proven track record in providing a top-quality engineering service throughout Ireland and UK.
Landscape Architect: Doyle + O’Troithigh Landscape Architecture was established by Linda Doyle and Daithi O’Troithigh. The practice’s project profile ranges from public realm design and open space development to landscape restoration and conservation.
CGI consultants: 3D Design Bureau are specialists in Architectural Visualisation, BIM and VR – Delivering Quality Design Planning and Marketing Solutions. For this project, the team created a series of verified view montages and architectural montages all of which were used in the planning process.
If you have a project requiring architectural montages , VVM’s or CGI’s, please get in touch. You can contact us by phone or email and talk to us about your requirements and the solutions best suited to your project. +35312880186 email@example.com. You can also check out the rest of work online.