€10M Make-Over of Blackrock Shopping Centre
With the redevelopment of Frascati Shopping Centre well underway it’s no surprise other significant redevelopments are now in the pipeline for the surrounding area in South County Dublin. Most notably of these is the recent lodgement of a planning application to Dun-Laoghaire Rathdown County Council in July 2017 by Friend First Life Assurance Co DAC for external and internal alterations to Blackrock Shopping Centre. This will fall under the overall masterplan of the site which includes Enterprise House.
The mall includes: 87,000 sq ft of retail space and 58,000 sq ft of offices making it a prime target and location for this multi-million euro facelift. In late 2016, they obtained planning permission to redevelop the 1980s Enterprise House office building, which forms part of the Blackrock Shopping Centre complex and is currently housing Zurich Life Insurance.
#Team3DDB were involved in both projects, working closely with the architectural arm of Lafferty, creating high-end CGI’s and VVM’s which are being used for marketing and planning purposes.
Here’s the full breakdown:
Project Name: Proposed Redevelopment of Blackrock Shopping Centre
Project Location: Blackrock, Co Dublin
Project Details: Permission for external and internal alterations, including:
– the provision of a new western entrance façade.
– internal alterations include revisions to internal shop façade of Units 7-26.
– revision to existing internal circulation including the relocation of 2 no. travellators from level -1 to lower ground floor; reduction in size of Unit 19 on level -1; revision to shop façade to Units 27-30, 34-36, 38-44, 48a-52, 80-88 on lower ground floor.
– demolition of Unit 93; removal of roof structure; part demolition of gallery area on lower ground floor; amalgamation of Units 14 and 15 on level -1.
– extension of Units 15-18 and 20 on level -1; construction of new shop fronts to Units 15-26 on level -1; amalgamation and extension of Units 39-40 on lower ground floor.
– extension of Units 30, 38-44, 51-52, 80, 82-85 and 86-88 on lower ground floor; construction of new shop entrance to Units 27-30, 34-36, 38-40, 42-44, 48a-52 and 80-88.
– provision of 2 no. kiosk to level -1.
– construction of new gallery area; extension to retail unit at upper ground floor and Change of Use of 501.7 sqm to Office/Gym/Retail/Dance Studio/ Crèche (use to be subject to first occupation); (the additional retail floor space is 266.2 sqm).
– provision of lift; extension to office at first floor; construction of new office to second floor; (the additional office floor space is 845.8 sqm).
– 1 no stairs connecting level -1 and lower ground floor; construction of internal canopy/roof structure over existing open internal area, provision of 4 no. flag poles, substation and switch (36.6 sqm) and all associated site development works.
Property Developer: Friends First – are an Irish based life assurance firm, who have been consistently adding to and diversifying their property portfolio over the past couple of years. The major percentage of their acquisitions to date, rest in the area of retail.
Planning Consultant: CSR Landplan – Cunnane Stratton Reynolds provides town planning, landscape architecture, environmental assessment and arboriculture services to developers and the public sector throughout Ireland and the UK from their offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway.
Architect: Lafferty – was founded in 1997 and are world class architects, designers & project managers based in Dublin. Some of their high-class clients include: Twitter, Yahoo, ESB and HSE just to name a few.
CGI Consultants: 3D Design Bureau – are specialists in Architectural Visualisation, BIM and VR – Delivering Quality Design Planning and Marketing Solutions. For this project, the team created a series of CGI’s, all of which are being used to marketing the space.
If you have a project requiring high quality CGI’s, please get in touch. You can contact us by phone or email and talk to us about your requirements and the solutions best suited to your project. +35312880186 firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our verified view montage work online.